Saturday, December 2, 2006

What a waste of a day...

I decided this morning that it was time to implement some security features on my website to prevent people from saving my audio files. I figured, people can stream all they want but I don't want anyone saving mp3's to their computer. This had me delving into some of the finer points of web servers and PHP coding. In the end, I learned that if you allow people to stream your audio, they can save it. Plain and simple. Gee, if I knew that I would have played my guitar all day...

Tomorrow will not be a repeat of today. I have to learn some Christmas songs for a duet that a friend and I am doing for a work Christmas party. Having recently taken an interest to Gypsy Jazz I am hoping to gypsify a tune or two. Otherwise I will be painfully bored...

If you have never heard gypsy jazz, then do yourself a favor and check out Birelli LaGrene, The Rosenberg Trio or Jimmy Rosenberg (no relation to the Rosenberg of the trio). Listen to their renditions of Minor Swing. Talk about getting knocked on your ass. And this is coming from someone who considers himself pretty damn proficient technically...

later,

Brian

No comments: